Housing benefits

You can now receive your benefit notification letters online. You can register for this service by visiting Access my benefit account.

Once you have registered you will be notified of any new award letters that are available to view. Please note you will only be able to view any letters created after the date you have registered.

I receive benefits and need to report a change

You need to tell us about changes as soon as they happen.

We will normally need to see evidence of the change. You can upload evidence/documents to the change of circumstances form below.

If the evidence is not currently available, complete and submit the change of circumstances form and provide the documents within one month using the providing additional documents form.

If you are replying to a letter, you can also use the link below to do this.

What we need to know

You need to tell us if you, your partner, your non-dependant or dependant child:

  • start or stop receiving benefit payments
  • start or stop receiving pension payments
  • start or stop receiving Tax Credits
  • start or stop working
  • have changes in childcare costs
  • become a full time student
  • leave school or education
  • have a change to the amount of income received, for example wage increase/decrease
  • have a change to the amount of savings, if your and your partners savings total over £6000.00
  • are going to be away from your property for four weeks or more (you need to let us know before you go away). Check the temporary absence rules
  • have someone move in or out of your household
  • have a new addition to your household, such as a new baby
  • have a rent increase or decrease
  • move home

Report a change of circumstances or reply to a query letter

Page last updated: 21 Apr 2023