You can claim council tax reduction if all of the following apply:
- you're liable to pay council tax
- you have savings of less than £16,000 if pension age (unless you are receiving pension credit)
- you have savings of less than £6,000 (if working age)
- you are over 18 years of age
- you get income support, jobseeker's allowance (income based) or pension credit, or you are living on a low income
- you are of working age and fall into one of the CTR banding categories
You will only be entitled to apply for council tax reduction for a property if you actually live there. It must be your only or main residence.
If you are not eligible for the council tax reduction scheme you might still be able to apply for a discount based on your situation.
See a list of documents we need to see when we process your application.
Apply for a council tax reduction
If you have any problems with the application form, email email@example.com.
Council Tax Support Fund
The government has given Local Authorities additional funding for 2023/2024 to help support vulnerable households. This is a one-off £25.00 Council Tax Support payment for any households with a Council Tax Reduction entitlement on 1 April 2023.
At Hillingdon we have used the remaining funding to award an additional discretionary £7.00 to the one-off payment, increasing the Council Tax Support payment to £32.00.
If you have a Council Rax Reduction entitlement on 1 April 2023 you will see this support payment deducted from your bill showing as "Council Tax Support Fund 2023".
If your Council Tax bill is less than £32.00 you will receive a Council Tax Support payment of the amount owed.
Where your Council Tax Reduction reduces your bill to £0.00 no Council Tax Support payment can be awarded.